About the event
As part of the Distributed Design Residency at Happylab Wien (September 2023 – February 2024), makers and designers will be supported in the makerspace to realize their projects. The goal of the residency is – depending on the current project status – the realization of an idea, first prototypes or a small series, which will be exhibited at Happylab in March 2024. The program includes a package individually tailored to the needs of the participants:
- Access to the machines at Happylab (3D printer, laser cutter, CNC router, wood & metal workshop,…).
- Contingent of trainings and workshops in the makerspace
- Project-related, individual consulting by experts
- Studio space at the Happylab co-working space incl. meeting room
- Access to our network of cluster partners (material suppliers, funding programs,…) incl. discounts & benefits
- Promotion and visibility of the project through Happylab communication channels and partnerships
- Exchange with the Happylab community as well as designers and makers all over Europe via the Distributed Design Platform.
Link to Open Call: happylab.typeform.com/ddxHL23 Deadline: June 10, 2023.
From September 2022 to February 2023, the first round of the Distributed Design Residency took place at Happylab. For six months, our eight Distributed Design Residents tinkered with their projects, created prototypes, and produced their first small batches. The results were impressive projects at the intersection of design and making, which were exhibited in March 2023. Find out more about the projects & results of the first round here: https://www.happylab.at/en_vie/news/ddresidency22-results