- Team members
- Bălteanu Alexandru Cristian
- curiosity inspiration search understanding gold ratio pocket instrument compass art instrument souvenir.
The concept is about a souvenir, a pocket compass that respects the proportion of the golden ratio.
Out of a desire to achieve a more empathic relationship between the viewer and the "unknown" work of art, I tried to find ways to make the viewer actively aware of the importance of proportion and compositional balance of a work of art, until it was found that an instrument atypical and yet within the reach of the curious user, it could positively involve him in the process of searching and proactively observing any work of art in a museum. OPRO respects the proportions depending on the size of the viewed surface with a contemporary, interactive design, which includes a common unit of measurement, neutral to all (mm, cm, inch, etc.), reveals the proportion calculated by the artist, so the viewer becomes actively aware of the importance proportions and compositional balance in creating a work of art.
It was created using acrylic glass, laser cutting and engraving, metal rivets and adhesive, then packed with kraft packaging.
- Does your design take social and cultural challenges and human wellbeing into consideration?
OPRO positively involve the curious user in the process of searching and proactively observing any work of art in a museum. The viewer becomes actively aware of the importance proportions and compositional balance in creating a work of art.
- Does your design support sustainable production, embodying circular or regenerative design practices?
It is an analog product that wants to be kept, in case of damage, it is recyclable.
- Does your design use principles of distribution and open source?
The downloadable files are in .dxf format for cutting and engraving the parts and the metallic materials can be purchased from a hobby shop with the indicated measurements
- Does your design promote awareness of responsible design and consumption?
I want to say no, because I include the metalic parts, for the final product I want to incorporate some acrylic joints, to help the recycle companies to have just plastic material