- Team members
- Tine Sitar Uroš Verlič Aleksander Bakračevič Miha Jan
- bench. smart bench. eco smart bench. solar bench. outdoor bench. smart outdoor bench. eco bench. eco smart box. smart box. eco box.
We are young company from Slovenia, that makes Eco Smart Benches.
Six years ago I was sitting on a casual bench and wanted to call my mom, when i realized my phone battery was dead. That’s when I started thinking about how I could charge my phone and I was overwhelmed by the idea of a bench that would run on solar energy and charge my phone battery. Ecosmartbench works on solar energy and is completely self-sufficient. The electricity generated from the sun's rays is stored in a gel battery that is environmentally friendly. Convenient and easy placement of usb ports and wireless chargers between users legs. USB ports are not electrically powered. This is ensured by a sensor that controls the seat. When the user sits on the bench, the sensor detects movement and turns ON the usb ports. This solves the problem of electrolysis and extends the life of USB ports. We developed our motherboard with processor that controls the entire eco smart bench. The developement and production of our products is from Slovenia.
- Does your design take social and cultural challenges and human wellbeing into consideration?
The bench is made of nature-friendly materials. We selected materials of the highest quality, such as oak wood.
- Does your design support sustainable production, embodying circular or regenerative design practices?
The basis of our product is a renewable source, solar energy. The product does not emit any emissions and is nature friendly and adapted to it.
- Does your design use principles of distribution and open source?
The main motto of the ecosmartbench team is that we are always open to new ideas, strive for constant development and are in step with the times. We can adapt our product to the customer's wishes.
- Does your design promote awareness of responsible design and consumption?
With our products we want to rise awareness about the problem of carbon polution, thereby influencing people's thinking about the impact they have on their daily surroundings.