- Team members
- Sofia Soledad Duarte Poblete Andrés Cáceres Victoria Rodriguez Schon Lisa Iannello Enzo Camilla Daniele Carlini
- air-filter mask circular economy 3d printing parametric design digital manufacture
It is a PSS with the aim to contribute with the problem of air pollution in different cities.
Breathers project has been developed as an entire PSS, promoting the regeneration of the natural ecosystem, based not only in reducing and beating air pollution but also establishing the model as an air quality data provider.
The project has commercial and ethical goals. The commercial goal is to highlight the advantages of collecting air quality data and selling the information, generating a network of stakeholders interested in using it to improve life quality between other opportunities. Ethically, the project tries to involve people and companies in a common interest, to fight for better air quality aiming for a better future. To reach both types of goals, Breathers is developed as a progressive project working in different phases and with different products.
Designed with circular economy concepts involving new tools for digital production, it is a democratized concept.
The system is based on an interactive Mediator, touchpoints, and an air filter mask.
- Does your design take social and cultural challenges and human wellbeing into consideration?
Yes, breathers aim is to involve people, and help them to change behaviours that can contribute with the reduction of air pollution.
- Does your design support sustainable production, embodying circular or regenerative design practices?
Yes, it is an open source project, so people could 3d print their own masks in different 3d printers around the world without the necessity of mass-produce, or big transport costs.
Also, the system has different phases, and in each of it takes care of a different point of view to contribute with the regeneration of the natural ecosystem.
- Does your design use principles of distribution and open source?
Yes it is, it will offer blueprint documents to be replicated wherever it is needed.
- Does your design promote awareness of responsible design and consumption?
It provides awareness about pollution, about use of resources, and about general life and ecosystem.