- Team members
- Ngoc Thi Anh Leová
- reduced mobility spinal injury handmade craftsmanship local material
UUU is a sexual aid for people with reduced mobility and spinal cord injury.
UUU is a sexual aid primarily for people with reduced mobility and spinal cord injury. It serves as a stool with a rubber bridge that helps to carry the weight of a person. It lifts the man and makes movement easier.
For people with spinal cord injury is very important that the other person would not sit with all his weight on their body. That could cause serious trouble and this product is helping with this problem. The aim was also to detabuize the topic of sexuality of disabled people.
UUU is made of beech roundwood, a typical material for wood-bending. The construction was made by the company TON from their prefabricated elements of 002 chair. Textile elastic is stretched over the construction.
- Does your design take social and cultural challenges and human wellbeing into consideration?
My design is trying to detabuize and start a conversation about sexuality of disabled people.
- Does your design support sustainable production, embodying circular or regenerative design practices?
Yes, I am working with local company that uses local material, has very rich history of products that last generations and supports craftsmanship. The product is handmade and also uses parts of already designed parts of one of their chairs.
- Does your design use principles of distribution and open source?
Yes, this product could be sold anywhere in the world and start a conversation about sexual awareness for bigger number of people.
- Does your design promote awareness of responsible design and consumption?
Yes, by choosing bentwood as the main material. It makes my product not just a functional sexual aid, but also a piece of furniture and a part of an interior. The product is designed to last very long time.
Social Media Accounts