- Team members
- Amal Jomaa Christina Lalch
- Virtual reality 3D fashion design Sustainable fashion Digitisation
Digital adoption and virtual product development for the fashion industry
Alexander Mcqueen VR Tribute is a project that aims to pay homage to the work and genius of Lee Alexander McQueen. To commemorate the 10th anniversary of his death, we are using 3D to recreate his masterpiece and the last collection he ever designed: “Plato’s Atlantis” in a virtual modus operandi. Proving 3D craftsmanship is possible, and showcasing our belief that it’s time the high fashion and couture world take advantage of it.
- Does your design take social and cultural challenges and human wellbeing into consideration?
3D design is fully sustainable and produces virtual products that are available to everyone everywhere and in a sense democratising access to iconic designs for research purposes. Further more, sutomating the production process via 3D design has the potential to eliminate unethical production practices and create a more transparent supply chain.
- Does your design support sustainable production, embodying circular or regenerative design practices?
The design is 100% sustainable and waste free.
- Does your design use principles of distribution and open source?
The design embodies the principle of disruption, not just for a single segment, but the whole design/ production/ marketing process. It creates a completely new way of approaching fashion and it enables automation for production.
- Does your design promote awareness of responsible design and consumption?
The design promotes and showcases the limitless advantages of virtual design production with zero waste and zero physical resources.