- Team members
- Batoul al-Rashdan Iulia Maria Lichwar Shridhar mamidalaa Claudia Simonelli
- 3D_Printed Crystallization bio dyes highlighting Environmental concerns thermochromic Camouflage Bioluminescence
3D printed Camouflage mimicking the Deadsea salts highlighting its environmental concerns
3D printed Camouflage mimicking the deadsea salts with their different geometries and sea waves for a defender/goddess creature with a role of protecting the area, highlighting the environmental concern of dropping level water by 33% and the minerals at the deadsea - west side of Jordan. Electronics embedded in the headpiece and coded (optic fibers, neopixels underneath the wearable 3D prints). Merging different technologies and methodologies like 3D printing, computational couture electronics, and crystallizations (mimicking crystals by 3D printing the different geometries there plus growing crystals. Mimicking the color shades by having 2 layers of tulle for the rest of the dress with 2 shades turquoise and navy blue mimicking the waves ... using them to grow crystals on, attaching glow in the dark reflecting Bioluminescence ) Thermochromic accessories change color with temperature as once you move near the beach gets warmer turquoise - colder navy blue deeper in sea
- Does your design take social and cultural challenges and human wellbeing into consideration?
Highlighting the environmental concern of dropping level water by 33% and the unique minerals at the deadsea - west side of Jordan.
Used one spool only of recycled materials to print it and biodyes
- Does your design support sustainable production, embodying circular or regenerative design practices?
printed spiralized technique no infill no support from recycled filament with one spool only for the entire dress
- Does your design use principles of distribution and open source?
Yes i uploaded on the website the process exactly how i designed and fabricated the entire project and uploaded all the files on the website
- Does your design promote awareness of responsible design and consumption?
The fact this fabrication and design been made as highlighting the environmental concern of dropping level water by 33% and the minerals at the deadsea - west side of Jordan. Added to that, the fact that the entire dress printed with one spool only is hit as it was printed with no infill nor support so no material loss! optimizing the usage of material by printing a shell only. This technique had been done via large scale printing but not usually on fashion so i thought of experimenting regarding the fashion to limit waste production in the fashion industry