- Team members
- Veronica Esposito
- eco rings sustainability recycle biodegradable
“ SEEDRING ” is a series of eco rings made of paper clay
It is an endless product, starting from a repurposable material (egg trays). I designed a series of eco rings made of paper clay.
Every ring hides the real treasure inside, hosting flower seeds, this means it can be put inside a pot and becomes a beautiful flower, giving back to the earth what has been taken.
The product is 100% biodegradable, as the paper clay is mixed with a natural glue and the colours used are natural.
- Does your design take social and cultural challenges and human wellbeing into consideration?
One avenue of fast fashion that hasn’t been as prominent in the public eye is the jewellery industry. But principles of fast fashion can also apply to jewellery retailers who produce pieces at a high turnover rate using cheap materials and questionable sources of labour.
"Seedring" is an ethical project, locally produced, handcrafted with kilometre-zero materials.
- Does your design support sustainable production, embodying circular or regenerative design practices?
"Seedring" is a series of eco-friendly rings made of paper clay created with carton egg trays, mixed with organic glue, flower seeds and natural colours.
It is an endless product as if planted can become beautiful flowers.
- Does your design use principles of distribution and open source?
The design can travel globally to be manufactured locally, paper clay has a very simple recipe and the materials can be easily found everywhere.
- Does your design promote awareness of responsible design and consumption?
"Seedring" raises awareness of and teaches the end-user to take care of the products they buy from the moment they purchase them until the end, giving importance to every stage of the product's life.