- Team members
- Ljubica Čehovin, designer, author & Studio Kabinet01.d.o.o as a producer
- pularization of herritage original design inspired by the work of famous architect local production museum shops "urban jewlery" bycicle seats paper notebooks preserving of nature focus on culture and artists ..etc
Souvenir and gift coll. dedicated to the creative spirit of Jože Plečnik, designer and architect.
I’m a souvenir designer. In line with the changing times, the world around us, and the general perception of tourists, travel and tourism, my memoirs have changed considerably. I stopped showing cities and buildings and focused more on their creators. On the authors, on intimate impressions. My focus is no longer on the material heritage, on certain works as they exist in space, but on the creator, designer, architect, and the time before the [realization?]. So I decided to pay homage to Jože Plečnik as an artist. To his creative genius. As he worked in central Europe I uded motifs from his drawings combined eith urban colours of the cities he worked in. All items are made in local printing and sawing offices, exqusite quality and susteinability..More: https://www.plecnik.shop/
- Does your design take social and cultural challenges and human wellbeing into consideration?
It is a project that educate local inhabitants as well as visitors, at the same time having in mind preservation of nature, learning about the history of one's culture by using modern design items..etc
- Does your design support sustainable production, embodying circular or regenerative design practices?
Of course.. Everything is made in local craft workshops and printing offices, hand sawn even and developed from recicled paper or printed on long lasting surfaces so as to live long and can be use for a long period.
- Does your design use principles of distribution and open source?
actually is a project that was financed partly from >Ministry of Culture and EU and it has author rights for developing further on, but it was ment to be distributed in museum shops and concept stores where cultural herritage can be promoted. We do not have new designed items but a story.
- Does your design promote awareness of responsible design and consumption?
My items are produced in local workshops and they do promote responsible design thinking and awareness.